PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE
The following Terms of Service apply to the following websites owned and operated by Cheap Business Cards (“CBC” or “we”): www.cheapbusinesscards.org (collectively, the “Site”). By accessing, browsing and/or using the Site, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms of Service in their entirety. In addition, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations governing your use of the Site. If you do not agree to these Terms of Service, please do not access, browse or use the Site.
Please return to the Site and review these Terms of Service from time to time, as they may be amended without notice to you. Any changes to these Terms of Service will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Terms of Service at the Site. Your continued use of the Site after the posting of any change constitutes your agreement to such change. Please note that your use of certain content and features of the Site may be subject to additional terms. By using such content and features, you also agree to be bound by such additional terms.
PROPRIETARY RIGHTS; LICENSE TO USE CONTENT
This Site is owned and operated by CBC and, in the case of certain features and content, its affiliates, licensors and/or third party service providers, and unless otherwise indicated, all the content appearing at the Site, including but not limited to, any streams, live simulcasts or podcasts (collectively, “Content”) is the property of CBC and its affiliates, licensors and/or third party service providers and protected, without limitation, by U.S. and foreign copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. All trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos and other indicia of origin (collectively, “Marks”) appearing on the Site are the property of CBC, its affiliates, licensors, and/or third party service providers.
We grant you a limited, conditional, no-cost, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub-licensable license to view this Site and view or listen its Content in real time as permitted by these Terms for non-commercial purposes only if, as a condition precedent, you agree that you will not:
- Submit any software or other materials that contain any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, defects, date bombs, time bombs or other items of a destructive nature;
- Manipulate identifiers, including by forging headers, in order to disguise the origin of any posting that you submit;
- Link to any portion of the Site other than the URL assigned to the home page of our site;
- “Frame” or “mirror” any part of the Site;
- Modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Site;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained on the Site;
- Use any automated software or computer system, robot, spider, offline reader, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device, tool, or process to retrieve, index, data mine or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure, copy protection systems, or presentation of the Site or its Content. Operators of public search engines may use spiders to copy materials from the Site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. We may revoke this exception at any time;
- Reproduce, copy, republish, upload, post, transmit, retransmit, modify, display, publicly perform, distribute or create derivative works of, the Site, the Content or any portion thereof, or remotely store any portion of the Site or Content , or encourage or provide technological means that will allow you or others to do any of the things prohibited by this license, except that when you enter into a Premium Podcast Subscription that permits you to record Content pursuant to the terms of that Subscription Agreement, you may download one copy of such licensed Content on your own single computer for your personal non-commercial use provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
This license is expressly conditioned on your preexisting agreement to comply with, and your actual compliance with, each of the provisions described in this Proprietary Rights; And License To Use Content section. This license exists only so long as you strictly comply with each of the provisions described in this section. Any use of the Site or Content by you or anyone acting on your behalf that does not strictly comply with each and every provision in this section exceeds the scope of the license granted to you herein, constitutes unauthorized reproduction, public performance, display, or creation of unauthorized derivative versions of the Site and Content, and infringes our copyrights and other rights in the Site and Content. You will not acquire any ownership rights by using the Site or the Content.
You may not make any use of any Marks without the prior written consent of CBC and any applicable third party. For purposes of these Terms of Service, the use of any such Content on any other website or networked computer environment is prohibited.
NO CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE IS INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE PROFESSIONAL ADVICE, WHETHER MEDICAL, FINANCIAL, LEGAL OR OTHERWISE. CBC AND THOSE POSTING OR OTHERWISE PROVIDING INFORMATION, SERVICES OR MATERIAL ON THE WEBSITE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES RELATING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY TO ANY ACTION OR INACTION YOU TAKE BASED ON THE INFORMATION, SERVICES OR OTHER MATERIAL ON THE WEBSITE.
Except as otherwise provided herein, any and all comments, suggestions, ideas, graphics, videos, content, data and other information that you transmit to CBC through the Site (each, a “Submission”) shall remain your sole and exclusive property, and you shall be solely responsible for your Submission and the consequences of posting or publishing it. By submitting your Submission, you hereby grant CBC and its successors and assigns a worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicenseable (through multiple tiers) and transferable license (with a right to create derivative works) to use, copy, transmit or otherwise distribute, perform, publicly perform and display your Submission for any legal purposes whatsoever now known or hereinafter becomes known. You also grant each user of the Site a non-exclusive license to access your Submission through the Site and to use, copy, transmit or otherwise distribute, perform, publicly perform, create derivative works of, and display your Submission to the extent expressly authorized by CBC’s on the Site and/or in this agreement.
By making a Submission, you waive the right to make any claim against the CBC Parties (as defined below) related to the Submission, including, but not limited to, unfair competition, invasion of privacy, negligence, breach of implied contract or breach of confidentiality, and you further waive all moral rights you may have in any materials uploaded or sent to us by you. You represent and warrant that your Submission: (a) shall be true, accurate, current, complete and not misleading, (b) shall not violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, intellectual property and proprietary rights, (c) shall not be fraudulent or involve counterfeit or stolen information or items, (d) shall not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation, and (e) shall not create any liability for CBC or any of the CBC Parties. You also agree to maintain and promptly update your Submission by means of the Site in order to keep that information true, accurate, current and complete.
You further represent and warrant that (i) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to use and authorize CBC to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to your Submission to enable inclusion and use of the Submission in the manner contemplated by this agreement; and (ii) you have any necessary written or implied consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the Submission to use the name, picture and likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of the Submission in the manner contemplated by these Terms of Service.
CBC does not and cannot review all Submissions posted to or created by users accessing the Site, and is not in any manner responsible for the content of these communications or the activities of these users. You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to view and distribute user-generated content, including, but not limited to, comments to articles and podcasts, through the Site, CBC is merely acting as a passive conduit for the distribution of such information and is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to the content or the users’ activities. The CBC Parties do not undertake or assume any duty to monitor the Site for inappropriate content. The CBC Parties assume no responsibility or liability which may arise from the content thereof, including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, libel, slander, infringement, invasion of privacy and publicity rights, obscenity, pornography, profanity, fraud, or misrepresentation. Notwithstanding the foregoing, CBC reserves the right to block or remove communications, postings or materials that it determines to be (a) abusive, defamatory, or obscene, (b) fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading; (c) in violation of a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, intellectual property or other rights of another or (d) offensive or otherwise unacceptable to CBC in its sole discretion.
You agree not to use the Site to:
- Post any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- Harm or threaten to harm users in any way;
- Stalk or otherwise harass any other person or entity;
- Impersonate any person or entity (including a CBC agent, enthusiast, or moderator), or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation except in areas that are expressly designated by CBC for such purpose;
- Disseminate or transmit any content that infringes or violates any party’s copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other proprietary right, including, but not limited to, using third party copyrighted materials, without appropriate permission, using third party trademarks without appropriate permission or attribution, or using or distributing third party information (whether or not protected as a trade secret) in violation of a duty of confidentiality;
- Disseminate or transmit any worms, viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, code or programs;
- Violate any law (whether local, state, national, or international), whether or not intentionally;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Submission;
- Post any content that you do not have a right to under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationship (which includes inside information, proprietary or confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Interfere with or disrupt the Site, or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- Collect or store personal data about other users;
- Engage in any activities that could violate the personal privacy rights of others, including but not limited to, collecting and distributing information about Internet users without their permission, except as permitted by applicable law; or
- Post any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
You agree to immediately notify us if you suspect fraudulent or abusive activity, or any activity in violation of these Terms of Service. If you so notify us, or we otherwise suspect fraudulent or abusive activity, you agree to cooperate with us in any fraud investigation and to use any fraud prevention or other measures we prescribe.
CHANGES TO WEBSITE
CBC may add, change, discontinue, remove or suspend any portion of the Site at any time, without notice.
CBC reserves the right, without notice and at its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate these Terms of Service and/or suspend or terminate your ability to access or use the Site, and to block or prevent future access to and use of the Site for any reason, including your breach of these Terms of Service or other conduct by you that CBC considers inappropriate. CBC reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site (or any part thereof) with or without notice. Except as otherwise expressly stated in the Terms of Service, you agree that CBC shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuation of the Site (or any portion thereof).
CBC MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE OR CONTENT, ALL OF WHICH ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. CBC HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE AND CONTENT. CBC DOES NOT WARRANT THE FUNCTIONALITY, INFORMATION OR LINKS CONTAINED ON THE SITE OR THAT CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE SITE OR CONTENT ARE FIT FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR CONTENT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, CANCELBOTS OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. CBC DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. YOU (AND NOT CBC) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT AND UNDER NO CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL CBC AND ITS AFFILIATED ENTITIES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AUTHORIZED AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “CBC PARTIES”) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, CLAIMS OR LOSSES INCURRED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPENSATORY, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES), HOWEVER CAUSED, AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH: (A) THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CONTENT; (B) YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CONTENT; (C) ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE OR SERVICE USED IN CONNECTION WITH OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE OR THE CONTENT; (D) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OR LOSS OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION THAT IS SENT OR RECEIVED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE; OR (E) ERRORS, SYSTEM DOWN TIME, NETWORK OR SYSTEM OUTAGES, FILE CORRUPTION OR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS, EVEN IF A CBC PARTY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, CLAIMS OR LOSSES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, CBC’S CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU ARISING FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU FOR ACCESS TO THE SITE OR THE CONTENT. IF NO AMOUNTS WERE PAID, YOUR SOLE REMEDY UNDER THESE TERMS OF SERVICE SHALL BE TO DISCONTINUE ANY USE OF THE SITE.
YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT BY ACCESSING THE SITE AND/OR CONTENT AND AGREEING TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOU MAY BE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE AT THIS TIME UNKNOWN OR UNSUSPECTED, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH WAIVER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE, THE BENEFITS OF SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA, AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
By using the Site, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the CBC Parties from and against any actual or alleged claims, demands, causes of action, judgments, damages, losses, liabilities, and all costs and expenses of defense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ and other legal fees and costs) arising out of or relating to: (a) your violation of these Terms of Service or any law, rule or regulation; (b) your use of the Site, including, without limitation, any Content available on the Site and any activity of yours on the Site, including, but not limited to, the downloading of any podcast; (c) any material uploaded by you or through your computer to the Site or otherwise sent by you to CBC; and (d) your dispute with another user. You will cooperate as fully and reasonably as required by CBC in the defense of any claim. CBC reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, and you will not in any event settle any claim without the prior written consent of CBC.
CBC Parties will not be responsible for any delay, failure in performance or interruption of service, resulting directly or indirectly from acts of God, acts of civil or military authorities, civil disturbances, wars, strikes or other labor disputes, fires, transportation contingencies, interruptions in telecommunications or Internet services or network provider services, failure of equipment and/or software, other catastrophes or any other occurrences which are beyond the CBC Parties’ reasonable control.
If you have any comments or questions regarding these Terms of Service, or wish to report any violation of these Terms of Service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will attempt address any issue raised in a reasonable period of time.